CHETANA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & RESEARCH, Mumbai
Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research (CIMR), the dream of our Founder President Late Shri. Madhukarrao D. Chaudhari took a concrete shape in 1996.
Address: Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research New Bldg., Survey No. 341, Govt. Colony, Bandra – East, Mumbai – 400 051
The multi-cultural outlook at CIMR ensures a stimulating learning environment for the students. Strong emphasis is placed on student participation in various co-curricular activities that help students discover their latent talents. Chetana’s, right to the name, keeps their mind and heart involved.
Located in the heart of the commercial capital of India, CIMR offers a unique opportunity for students to realize their full potential. CIMR is conveniently located in proximity to airport and railway station. Medical facilities, post office, banks and other amenities are available within a radius of 1 km. Lodging / PG/hostel services are readily available around the campus as the Institute has been attracting students from across India in the last three decades and more. Proximity to BKC (Second Financial Hub of Mumbai), Entertainment centres and Malls keep students connected to Industry and business. The Institute is designed to facilitate the differently – abled learners.
The programmes are conducted in Four Semesters, spread throughout two years. Classes are held for six days a week. First-year covers the foundation courses, which are compulsory and are common for PGDM, PGDM-Marketing, PGDM- Retail and across all specializations. After the first year, it is mandatory for the students to undertake a summer internship for 8-10 weeks in a commercial/social organisation which is facilitated by the Institute. In the second semester, the Institute facilitates for ‘Off – Summer Projects’.
The institute offers specialization in the areas of Marketing, Finance, HR, Systems and Operations. Its curriculum ensures the adaptability required to meet VUCA environment. The curriculum exposes the students to real life situations & sharpens their thinking to generate innovative ideas & solutions and view their discussions/ decisions in the light of various constraints.
Specialised Marketing subjects apart from other meaningful, relevant & contemporary subjects are offered to all the students. A cross-sectoral perspective is provided at the very beginning, to facilitate clarity on their choice of super-specialisation during the programme itself. Hence, no separate specialisation is offered to these students.
Specialised Retail subjects apart from other meaningful, relevant & contemporary subjects are offered to all the students. It provides a comprehensive view of the dynamics of the retail sector and equips the students with the necessary sector-specific skill sets to effectively meet the growing demands of the retail sector. Hence, no separate specialisation is offered to these students.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
To secure admission to the two-year full-time course, the candidate should fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Passed with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (Aggregate marks means the total of marks obtained by the candidate in subjects based on which the class declaration is made in the particular University from which the candidate is passing the qualifying examination. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree.) or equivalent CGPA in any Bachelor’s Degree awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an ACT of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 of minimum three years duration in any discipline recognized by Association of Indian Universities (10+2+3) or possess an equivalent qualifications recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the Final Year Examination of any Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration can also apply subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria of admission.
- Appearing/Appeared and secured non-zero positive score or marks or equivalent score in any one of the equivalent examination viz.: CET-MAH-MBA / MMS (conducted by DTE, Maharashtra State), CAT (conducted by IIMs), MAT (conducted by AIMA), XAT (conducted by XLRI), ATMA (conducted by AIMS), CMAT (conducted by AICTE, New Delhi) for the Academic Year 2017-2018.
- If the candidate has failed and applied for revaluation of the result, in such cases the admission to such candidate will be on provisional basis subject to the condition that he/she will pass the examination with the required percentage of marks on or before 10th August 2019. Undertaking from such candidates shall be taken for forfeiting the right of admission and fees paid in case of not securing the required percentage of marks in qualifying examination. In case, the candidate fails to produce the results of the final year examination on or before 10th August 2019, then admission offered to such candidate automatically gets cancelled and the fees (tuition, development and other fees) paid by the candidate for the academic year 2019-2020 stands forfeited.
- Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) conducted by the Institute.
- Candidates should be of an Indian Nationality / Origin.
Total Fee: 303,000 per year